Wednesday 18 September 2013

Bento#Sept18~Bunny Eating Mooncakes

Today's lunch bento is about bunny eating mooncakes ^_^ Just one more day will be Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! All I could think was bunny, fullmoon, mooncakes, lantern and ChangEr! Oh....I think my next bento will be Chang Er since last year I've made ChangEr! Here is my last year ChangEr Bento if you have not seen. Alright, back to today's theme. Instead of real mooncakes, I made rice mooncakes and is strawberry snowskin & green tea snowskin!! Haha.... I even cut one slice of the mooncake  to show the yolk! Lol...too bad the pink rice I mixed with Mizkan sushi pink left little bit so the colour too plain :(
Here is closer look of the bunny onigiri and snowskin mooncake :p Underneath I add thin layer of rice and cover with nori. Inari skin at the corner as table and add snowskin mooncake on top ^_^ To made the mooncake, I use mooncake mould to shape the rice and pressed out Hello Kitty face but not clear so I use Hello Kitty puncher to punch out the nori and add on top. Inside the rice mooncake, I actually mixed two different colour! Again the green inner colour didn't stand out =_=" Oh well....not to waste time, I use cutter to cut out the cheese for fullmoon and freehand cut out the cloud using toothpick.
*Green tea mooncake actually is rice mixed with green furikake ^_^
For side dishes, I reheat leftover ginger chicken, few slices of oranges, imitation squid roll with carrot and cucumber. I hope you will like today's theme bento lunch ^_^ Cheers!


Linked my bento at Bento Lunch:
 Bento Lunch

10 comments:

  1. the moon cakes are really cute! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rabbit! Y really love bunnies and yours is so cute, eating the moon cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love bunnies!! Thanks Mayumi for your sweet comments.

      Delete
  3. So cute! Love how you made the mooncakes out of rice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute!I love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute mooncakes bento and happy mid autumn festival Karen!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rina and same to you! Do you celebrate as well at your country?

      Delete

Thank you so much for spending some time to read my blog and leave some comments....loved to hear from you!! Hugs & cheers!