Thursday 10 April 2014

Lemon Cheese Cake Hello Kitty

Since at home with kids, I try to force myself on baking :D Yes....force myself!!! I know my daughter LOVE cheese cake but I'm kinda lazy on baking.....like to see other people delicious yummy pictures posted from FB/Pinterest etc... just don't seem to have the mood or motivation =_=" So like I said forcing myself and ta-da....my first attempt Lemon Cheese Cake ^_^ 

I was so careless while baking, I forgot to turn the oven heat for both side so ended the top part overbaked....by the time I checked the cake has turned to overbaked....sigh....so I quickly turn the heat to bottom and enough for the top!!! To cover the ugly part....I decorate Hello Kitty on top by dashing some icing sugar :)

If you like to try this recipe...here is it (Recipe from Lovely Butter Cakes Recipe Book by Amy Wong & K.S. Lee)

Ingredients A
  • 150g         margarine (but I used unsalted butter)
  • 130g         castor sugar
  • 3               eggs
Ingredients B (mixed)
  • 200g         self-raising flour
  • 1 tbsp       Parmesan cheese
Ingredients C (mixed)
  • 100g         whipping cream
  • 2 tbsp       lemon juice
Topping
  • 30g           lemon rind
Method
  1. Beat margarine and castor sugar till whitened.
  2. Add eggs for three times. Combine the mixture with the first egg before adding second and third egg. Beat well.
  3. Slowly fold in ingredients B.
  4. Lastly pour in ingredients C and mix well.
  5. Pout the batter into 8x3x3 inches baking mould. 
  6. Sprinkle with lemon rind.
  7. Bake at 170°c for 35 minutes or till cooked.

The lemon cheese cake taste really soft and pretty easy to bake as long I be careful before I turn up the heat!! Hahaha....

Hope you will like today sharing recipe. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks yummy and love the kitty stencilling too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww...thank you so much dear Shirley! Much more to learn on baking :p

      Delete

Thank you so much for spending some time to read my blog and leave some comments....loved to hear from you!! Hugs & cheers!