Monday 11 March 2013

Bento#March11A~The Wizard of Oz


As usual I will linked up "The Wizard of Oz" bento to Bento Blog Network ^_^ Do check out for more wonderful Oz bentos idea from the link! I'm glad that can managed to finished my girl lunch bento on time as I need to made four characters plus another very simple lunch bento for my son without any theme.
Pretty Dorothy Gale onigiri, rice mixed with tomato ketchup and chicken floss inside. Freehand cut nori for hair, eyes, lashes, nose and lips. Add blue fondants for her ribbons and kamoboko for cheeks. 
The Cowardly Lion made from boiled sweet potato. Used cutter to cut cheese for eyes and mouth then add nori for details. Lion's hair didn't trim out well as it melted and stick to my fingers when I try to adjust it. I need to rinse my hand to avoid sticky but didn't change another new hair as I can't waste the time =_="
Scarecrow onigiri same as Dorothy onigiri ingredients. I just add chicken floss outside for hair and freehand cut out the hat for it. As you can see clearly the nori for nose and mouth were freehand and the eyes was used puncher to punch ^_^
Lastly, Tin Man made from crab stick and freehand cut the details except the eyes used puncher. Add broccoli, kamaboko, sweet pea and squid analog.
So here you go....Four characters from The Wizard of Oz. One of my childhood story that my mother used to read for me and my siblings. Now this wonderful story will be showed in movie "Oz the Great & Powerful" Yay!!! Can't wait to watch it :)
I hope you will enjoy reading my today's blog post for The Wizard of Oz bento. Hugs and cheers! 

Bento of the Week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending some time to read my blog and leave some comments....loved to hear from you!! Hugs & cheers!